The exchange day between the Slovene grammar school II.
gimnazija and the Austrian non-selective secondary school
Tanja Polajnar (Slovenia), Wolfgang Pojer (Austria)
II. gimnazija Maribor (Slovene grammar school)
3 teachers from Slovenia (English, German teacher)
Sprachenhauptschule Birkfeld (non-selective secondary
2 teachers (principal, English teacher)
On the 8 May 2006 pupils from the Slovene grammar school
II. gimnazija Maribor visited pupils from the non-selective
secondary school Sprachenhauptschule Birkfeld. A return visit
is planned for October 2006.
The aim of the project was to find out how young people of
similar age live in the two countries (Slovenia - Austria)
in different environments (town (Slovenes) - village
(Austrians)). Pupils from both countries conducted interviews
with each other, trying to determine the level of information
about Slovenia/Austria the pupils from other country had,
their lifestyle and future plans.
- Conducting interviews in small groups of four or five
- Guiding a crash Slovene language course.
- Having a presentation of the school and the region.
- Slovene pupils did:
- Video about the exchange day
- Seminar paper
- Analysis of the interviews
- teaching other pupils your language
- presenting your country
- conducting interviews
- analysing interviews
- writing a report, a seminar paper
- making a video