Curriculum GUIDELINES - Eleventh Guideline
PROVIDE ADEQUATE SUPPORT IN TERMS OF FACILITIES, STAFF, AND FINANCIAL RESOURCES FOR THE EFFECTIVE IMPLEMENTATION OF THE STUDENT-CENTRED APPROACH AT PREPARATORY INSTITUTIONS.
Well-managed and responsive organisational structures as well as sufficient resources are prerequisites for implementing a student-centred approach.
Apart from the methodological issues the implementation of a student-centred curriculum requires a number of resources. They can range from running a sufficient number of courses to tutoring in small groups, from having a service-oriented management to providing generous consulting hours for teachers, and providing self-study-centres.
- Provide adequate buildings, rooms, and equipment.
- Make the status of the preparatory institution a strong one: legally accepted, well established and reputable.
- Analyse the organisational needs and choose priorities.
- Provide systems development according to the needs.
- Provide quality management.
- Cooperate with other preparatory institutions – do further networking (exchange of experience on an institutionalised level).
- Employ qualified staff.
- Employ staff members with migration background.
- Provide good contracts and working conditions for the staff.
- Provide regular teacher training and team development.
- Develop academic expertise of staff / update expertise in cooperation with specific university departments (using scientific concepts).