Project 2.7.1. "Quality Assurance and Self-assessment
for Schools and Teachers"
This project is an ECML-project carried out in the framework of the programme
2000 - 2003.
- promoting quality assurance in language learning and teaching in the
public and private sectors;
- addressing issues related to the development of appropriate models
for internal and external quality assurance, including self-assessment
at individual and institutional level;
- adapting and disseminating systems and approaches developed at European
level and in different national contexts;
- encouraging professionals representing different languages to speak
'the same language' when addressing quality issues.
The main outcome of this three year project is the CD-ROM/ website
"Quality Management in Language Education", reflecting the collaborative
work of participants from over 25 countries in Europe.
The CD-ROM/website is a resource material including:
- generic aspects of quality management in language education
- standards and procedures developed at European level (on the example
- case studies from various national and institutional contexts, as
examples of good practice
- questionnaires designed as instruments for awareness-raising &
self-reflection / self-assessment
- instruments for internal and external quality assurance
- interviews with experts to reflect the latest developments in the
- links and contacts for further information
Countries represented in the project:
Armenia, Austria, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Estonia,
Finland, France, FYR of Macedonia, Germany, Hungary, Iceland, Latvia,
Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Malta, Norway, Poland, Romania, Russia, Slovak
Republic, Slovenia, Spain, Switzerland, The Netherlands, The Republic
of Moldova, Federal Republic of Yugoslavia, United Kingdom.